DCSIMG
Write that Letter Home, Part II: Senders, Recipients, and the Content of World War I Correspondence - National Postal Museum

« Write that Letter Home, Part I: Senders, Recipients, and the Content of World War I Correspondence | Main | Write that Letter Home, Part III: Senders, Recipients, and the Content of World War I Correspondence »

I somehow ended up with a relative's WWI diary. Although he didn't write every day, the things he did write were really revealing. He wrote about training camp, and about being transferred to France.
The most interesting thing was a typed list of what he received upon completing training.
At one point, I also had a picture of him in his uniform, but it got lost. The diary is fragile, but not in too bad of a shape, considering it's over 100 years old. The writing is difficult to read, but worth putting the time in to it.
If anyone at the Smithsonian is interested in more information about this, I can be contacted at jaybird3939@yahoo.com.

SEARCH

Enter keyword(s) to search

Keep in touch with the National Postal Museum

UPCOMING EVENTS